Tuesday, November 16, 2010

5th week..

E-Booking

Today, all of us sat down in front of the SmartBoard and listen to Pn. Foziah's lecture. Honestly, it's been so long since we looked like a class, regular class where the teacher sits in front and the students listening. Hmm...what did I learn?

I learnt that it's very important to not put snake's pictures anywhere that can be accessed by Pn. Foziah. Sh'es phobic of snakes, like me. Hahaha..this uncanny similarity is patheric indeed. I hate snakes. I loathe snakes. Show me a snake and my blood will run cold. That should be the same 'sensation' that she feels when she sees a snake too. Pity u, pity me. =)
Then there's the story thingy. It all revolves back around what I've learned in Form 4 and Form 5. There's the introduction, development of the story, climax and comes down to the ending again. Classic examples would be fairytales. My life however, is not. Full of climaxes, and negatives. Hmm...

Then there's e-book. I'm not going to be academic here. E-book to me is Kindle, the one they sell on Amazon. A device that functions like a book, only that it is digital. So, bring the device anywhere and u can read any 'book' that u like, provided u donwload them. If u can stand the garing screen, the battery life or the shape of Kindle, good for you. For me, I feel, and will always feel that E-book will never replace a real book. It's just different with holding a real book in your hand. If not, book will not last for centuries, do they? The only advantage of E-book is that you can store booksssssss in one device and can access them anytime without filling up the spaces in your house. Other than that, the feelings are irreplaceable. The smell of old books, the texture, the flips...go to the most isolated God-forsaken rows of bookshelves at UM library 2nd floor opposite the IT class and you'll know what I mean. It's like a maze in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment